Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

RICHARDSON

Posted by Heather Nielsen 
RICHARDSON
November 04, 2001 10:00AM
Researching the Richardson Family of the West Indies from the Richardson's in Antigua (see History of Antigua)in the 1600's to St. Maarten in the 17/1800's, to America and beyond.
Governor John Richardson of Anguilla was part of the family.
Re: RICHARDSON
May 01, 2009 07:57PM
My GGGG-Grandfather Joseph Conner was born on Anguilla, BWI in 1770. He married a Bethia Richardson and they moved to St. Maarten, DWI to raise their families. One of their sons, Jeremiah Conner, born 1794, St. Maarten; one of his sons, Charles Louis Conner, born 1829, St Maarten; one of his sons, William Frederick Conner, born 1861, St. Maarten; one of his sons, Leo Aloysius O’Connor, born 1898, St. Maarten. My grandfather, Leo, came to NYC in 1916.

On the 18 April 1914, William Frederick received permission to change the name back to O’Connor. How he knew he was O’Connor originally, we do not know.

There is an oral story of two brothers [cousins] who were captains of salt ships from Nova Scotia [and/or St. Kitts-Nevis]. These brothers were originally thought to be a parent of Charles Louis, but now would have to be Joseph’s.

I would love to knoe more of your Richardsons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login