Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

Hodge; Callwood

Posted by Tisha Grant 
Hodge; Callwood
May 11, 2003 05:02PM
Looking for information on my grandmother, Rosanah Rose Callwood, born 6/13/1902 in Jost Van Dyke. She married Ernest Hodge, and they moved to Queens New York. Her father was Alvin Callwood, and her mother was Malvina Miller. She died on 7/21/1954 in Bronx, New York.
Any information on the Callwood or Miller families would be appreciated.
Re: Hodge; Callwood
May 07, 2007 10:55AM
I also have Callwood's in my family. My cousin Warren M. Callwood was born in Crown Prince, VI, St. Thomas in 1929, his parents were Ohenio Alfred Callwood born 1904 in Jost Van Dyke and his wife was Mary R. Callwood. also born in Jost Van Dyke. If these names ring a bell please feel free to contact me with any info you may have. Mary never left the VI, but Ohenio "Alfred" and son moved to NY and was known for have living in the Bronx, NY.
Re: Hodge; Callwood
January 26, 2015 12:03AM
HI. My grandfather is a Callwood. He once mentioned a cousin Alfred or Alfredo who was married to a Mary. It is a bit muddled. But Alfredo was also related to a Benjamin and Christian Callwood. May have been his sons or brothers. My grandfather spoke of this almost 15 years ago. I will have to ask him again. My grandfather's name is Allen Callwood. He still lives on JOST with my uncles. The Callwoods are also related to the Milliner, the Hatchett, the Hewitt, the Vanterpool, and the George families also on Jost. Will see what else I can find out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login