Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

HADDOCK, Kendall, Stephens

Posted by WINNIE 
HADDOCK, Kendall, Stephens
May 01, 2002 12:27AM
I am interested in any information that I can get on John James Haddock who was a schoolteacher, and his family. He married a Mary Stephens. They lived in Roadtown or Tortola, BWI.
Also I am interested in the Kendall family who lived in Tortola or Antigua.
Hi ,
I have a reference to one John James Haddock who became a burgher on St Thomas (todays US Virgin Islands) in 1836. He got a burgher-brief as a merchant on February 20th, 1836. He stated he was born on St Eustaius, which is an island to the east of St Thomas.
I have been interested in Caribbean genalogy for more than 20 years. Have done quite a bit on W.I. family history which you can see on my web.site
http://home.swipnet.se/saba
Right now I´m going through my Haddock /-s material. Basicly showing that the name appeared in Barbados in the 17th century. In the 18th century the name was found westwards, in the Dutch Windward area. Still later, in the 19th century, I have found the name on the Swedish island of St Barths (today a French island) as well as on St Thomas. Descendents of the St Thomas branch moved to the US mainland in the early 20th century.
Of course this is just a very sketchy attempt to to give you a background of where I stand today. I would be very interested to hear about the Haddock´s on Tortola.
Regards,
Gosta
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login