Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

Tibbetts

Posted by Mel 
Mel
Tibbetts
November 25, 2002 08:16PM
I believe a Tibbetts settled in Cayman Brac. Do not know birth date but has brothers born 1775 & 1779. The Tibbetts who settled is either Mark, Benjamin or Timothy and I have been told Tibbetts is common name there. Am doing ancestral search.
Re: Tibbetts
May 06, 2003 09:04AM
Hello, Mel:
In 1974, I started my airline pilot career flying a DC-3 between the three Cayman Islands. I remember the Islands very well, from the air in particular, as you might imagine. I left Cayman Airways in 1987 and joined a major airline in the US where I am still employed.
I hope this gets to you OK. You might want to visit and become a member of a Yahoo! Group called Cayman Connections if you are planning on doing any serious Caymanian Genealogy. I can think of no better online resource, as it is frequented by Caymanians who are interested in Caymanian genealogy.
Tibbetts is indeed a very common name in the Cayman Islands, and I do believe in all cases ultimately harkens back to Cayman Brac. Perhaps the most high profile current attraction on Cayman Brac, especially to divers, is an intentionally sunken Russian Navy warship which has been named the MV Keith P. Tibbetts. I personally knew Capt. Keith, as he was commonly known, and knew his children as well, who are all still alive. His son Parker Tibbetts is a businessman and his son Nathaniel is as well, I believe.
Best of luck in your search for information on the Tibbetts family in Cayman Brac!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cayman-connections/
David Black
Re: Tibbetts
February 20, 2014 01:41AM
Hi, My grandfather was Capt. Keith Tibbetts.

I have a site on tribalpages.com with all a family tree going back to Glover Nathaniel born in 1700's. Feel free to send me an email at rosandi@candw.ky I will be happy to share information with you!!

Rosandi
Cayman Islands
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login