Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

Buckmire

Posted by Karen Buckmire 
Buckmire
July 15, 2003 12:42AM
I am researching my genealogy currently trying to connect several branches of the Buckmire family tree.
The first part of the branch is believed to be the origin of the Buckmire name in Grenada. I believe the Buckmire name came from a white man of German origin who came to Grenada to run the plantation. He married a black woman named Mary Francis. Together they had at least two children: Elias Buckmire and James Buckmire. The plantation owned by the German man was called the Black Forest Estate located in St. George's Grenada. Elias had at least four children: John Emmanuel Buckmire, Louise Buckmire, Elaine Buckmire and Edith Buckmire.
The second branch of the Buckmire family tree are the ancestors and the descendants of Isiah Benjamin Buckmire, he died in 1945. His wife Emelia was born in 1875. They may have lived in St. Andrew, Grenada.
The third branch of the Buckmire family tree is the ancestors and the descendants of Charlie Buckmire. from St. Paul, Grenada.
The fourth branch of the Buckmire tree are the ancestors and the descendants of Sun Sun Buckmire and Gold Elizabeth Church. They had at least one child named Septimus (Seppy) Buckmire. Seppy was born in September 1895 and died in 1944. Sun Sun second wife was Zeporia. He had several children with his second wife.
Any help in connecting these four branches of the Buckmire name will be greatly appreciated
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login