Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

Pemberton

Posted by mia44 
Pemberton
October 07, 2006 04:10PM
my grandfather Edward Pemberton was born in Dominica approx 1889 I know his father's name was Sholto Rawlins Pemberton also born Dominica in 1858 but don't know his mothers name, any ideas if I can get birth certificates or marriage certs for this period - I write to the National Documentation Centre in Roseau in March 06 but they have never replied. I know my great, great, grandfather was Sholta Thomas Pemberton & he married Anna Rawlins, both are listed as being born in Dominica & married in 1855 - any info appreciated
Re: Pemberton
July 18, 2007 03:24PM
My grandfather's name was Sholto (Iunderstand that he was a Hill (sir name) born in Dominica around 1850's ,his sister's child married an Arthur Pemberton. wondered whether there were any family links there to persue. Gratefull for any info. Thanks
September 27, 2010 04:19AM
Have you received any information. I am a relative also. can you respond and I will give you as much information as I have found.
October 09, 2010 06:08PM
My father Arnold Rawlins Pemberton was born in Dominica in 1920. I believe Sholto Rawlins Pemberton is my great grandfather. I'm in the process of trying to obtain any information from relatives on the background. I will update when I do. Any information would be appreciated
March 12, 2012 09:35PM
if they were Catholics you might want to try and email chancellor@dioceseofroseau.org There is a very nice lady there that i think shares the same surname
May 10, 2016 04:37AM
Hi I'm definetly related to you guys you can email me and I'm willing to give information to you if you'd like ebonynielsen@yahoo.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2016 04:39AM by Ebony nielsen.
Re: Arnold Pemberton
October 06, 2016 08:05PM
Arnold Pemberton is my father's 1st cousin. I was trying to contact him today to wish Happy Anniversary and also belated birthday greetings for his 96th. It states the phone at his home is out of service. If you could please update me as to how he is doing and it would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at annburts27@gmail.com

Ronald Burton
March 10, 2019 05:27AM
We're related as my great grandfather was Sholto Rawlins Pemberton. I have him being born 2 Feb 1858 in London, Middlesex, England and he died 1937 in Pointe Mulatre, Dominica. Like our great great grandfather Sholto Thomas Pemberton, he was also a judge. I heard that he had passed as a result of injuries sustained from being thrown off his horse. Seems that he was extremely "busy" and I'm related to all of you Pembertons. I lived in Dominica. I stayed in Petite Savanne(Petit Savan) and Roseau. I can be reached by email cpoled@aol.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 04:29PM by cpoled.
March 19, 2019 02:58AM
Is your dad still alive? Sholto was my great grandfather
March 28, 2019 02:38AM
I can be reached by email cpoled@aol.com
June 08, 2019 12:19PM
It appears that Sholto Rawlings Pemberton was indeed very busy and we’re all related. I’m more interested in my great grandmother who was a Dominican and had 5 children with Sholto, Edward being my grandfather. I think the other names were Arthur, Pearle, Virginia, Selwyn. Any information would be great ...info from my aunt, who is the only surviving child of Edward Pemberton, is that she is buried beside 2 of her daughters in Dominica, one married a man with surname Piper, the other Dalrymple.
My email address is mccooperx@gmail.com
Mia x
November 15, 2019 07:06PM
So since time has gone by my aunt has found a photograph of her grandmother and also a name has been confirmed as Virginia Younger this is fab news for us and vnlyndsay you are my aunts first cousin, she is going to email personally.

Sholto was a very busy man and I thank Conrad for his information, I think we are 2nd cousins, once removed lol

We are all related and are a very big extended family, nice to know.

I’m planning a cruise next year and one on my must stops is Dominica. I’m told that Virginia Younger is buried next to her daughters who I’m told are Maude & Pearl, I will be hoping to visit her grave. If anyone on this thread still lives in Dominica, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Take care all
Mia xxxxx
November 15, 2019 07:10PM
Incidentally no one has mentioned Selwyn Pemberton who was my grandfathers brother, have anyone got any information or connection to him ?..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login