Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

Edmunds/Edinburgh

Posted by carol cull 
Edmunds/Edinburgh
May 07, 2002 03:35PM
I am researching my great grandfather, Percy Waldron Edmunds. Born in Edinburgh around 1860's, married in London in 1890, had an affair with an actress (my great grandmother) and the result was my grandmother born in 1894. He came from a large family and I would like to exchange any information that you may have if you believe that you are related.
Re: Edmunds/Edinburgh
April 03, 2016 10:09PM
Hi Carol, I have just come across Percy Waldron Edmunds in my family tree. I think I have worked some of it out & found both of his children by the actress he had an affair with. Do you still need information? I realise this was posted a long time ago. Regards, Debbie.
Re: Edmunds/Edinburgh
March 10, 2018 11:03AM
Hello Debbie,
I've just come across your reply of 3 April 2016 to my message of 7 May 2002. Hopefully, you will pick this message up sooner rather than later.
I suspect Percy Waldron Edmunds was a bit of a cad!
He married Mary Ann Weaver on 12 May 1890; they had one child, John Edmund Edmunds in 1891.
He had a long term mistress, my great grandmother, Kate Blanch Linwood (stage name Blanche Courtney). They had 2 children, Percy Waldron Edmunds born 31 May 1892. He was adopted by Thomas & Elisabeth Ann Slattery of 6 Harrold St, Miles Platting, Manchester and was known as Percy Waldron Edmund Slattery (he was killed at Galipoli on 16 May1915) and my grandmother, Doris Blanch Edmunds born 6 February 1894 and raised by Kate's parents.
My grandmother never mentioned her half brother John Edmund Edmunds, who I suspect she knew nothing about.
In the same way, my grandmother never mentioned her brother, Percy Waldron Edmund-Slattery, who I again suspect she knew nothing about.
It's so sad as she often mentioned her mother. She also spoke of her father but I suspect she probably saw little of him as by 3 August 1901 - he completed a USA Declaration of Intent stated:
Colour: White;
Complextion: Ruddy;
Hair: Black;
Eyes: Brown;
Weigh:195lbs

Percy also stated in his USA application papers that he had a wife and one son. Not acknowledging his 2 children by Kate (my great grandmother)
In 1930 USA Census he was a piano teacher in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where he ended his days.

To date I have not been able to establish what happened to Mary Ann Edmunds and son John Edmund Edmunds.

This is about all I have. I would love to hear from you.......your connection and what information you may have.

Kind regards
Carol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login