Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

Waugh Family

Waugh Family
August 21, 2002 09:52PM
Does anyone have info on a Mrs. Nichols/Nicholas Waugh b. 27 Jan 1824, Scotland; died 9 Sept 1912, Woodbury County or Sac County Iowa USA. She married Aug. 1879, Sac County Iowa, to John Bruce, & said to be, at marriage, in a newspaper article: "Mrs. Nicholos Waugh of Delaware County Iowa."
Re: Waugh Family
October 08, 2012 09:41PM
Hello, Hopefully you are able to see my post since it has been a long time since you asked your question.

Nicholas Waugh and her first husband Walter Waugh are my great-great grandparents. I even have a photo of her. She shows up as Nicholas C Bruce in the 1900 census, living in the home of her daughter Bessie and her husband William Hall. He is listed as WE.

She immigrated in 1871. I do not know whether Walter was still alive and immigrated too as I have not found his records. But I do know that her daughter Bessie and son William immigrated at the same time. She also has a son named John.

Her maiden name, I believe, was Curry/Corrie/Currie.

Have you found any additional information for her? If so, would you mind sharing? If you are interested in the children of William Curry Waugh (her son), I have all of that information.
Re: Waugh Family
December 26, 2015 10:24PM
I realize that this post is several years old, and I hope it reaches you, but I would be interested in sharing information about the Waugh family. I am descended from Walter Waughs parents, Thomas Waugh and Lillias Proudfoot.

Cheers,
Alex
Vancouver, BC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login