Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

Didier/Lord ancestry

Posted by Lsheils 
Didier/Lord ancestry
June 13, 2011 04:06PM
Hi,
I am looking for my grandmother's history. She lived in Castries, St. Lucia. Her name was Mildred Irene Richardson (nee Didier) and was born May 15 1893. Her parents were Etienne Henri Didier born 1870, died 1928 and Augusta Evalina Didier (nee Lord) born 24May1863, died about 1902. My uncle told me she had been poisoned by her maid. The maid went to jail for 6 months but was released as there was no proof. This event must have shown up on some document somewhere. I know she is a descendant of Sam Lord. I believe she may have been Frederick Samuel Lord's daughter or granddaughter. I was hoping to get some further information. I have spoken with my uncle who is 88 yrs old and he has it written down that my great grandmother's mother was born in East India or is a descendant of someone from East India - her name was Elizabeth. I know Frederick has a daughter named Elizabeth but it looks like his wife was also an Elizabeth. The only thing I could find was on Wikipedia which I don't necessarily trust as a source. Can anyone fill in the pieces or direct me to where I could find more details about this? I know Sam Lord was originally from England but had his castle in Barbadoes. Wikipedia said he had two children with his "black concubine, maid" but no name was given. How do I found out her name? I know there are slave registries but I am not sure if concubine/maid is the same as a slave. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login