Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

Walters,Thompson

Posted by Ernest Walters 
Walters,Thompson
October 02, 2002 12:42PM
Looking for any info on Walters and Thompson families. My father was Leon Erdman Walters and my mother was Grace Clarice Thompson Walters. They left the island around 1917.
Thanks,
Ernie
Re: Walters,Thompson
May 06, 2003 09:02AM
Hello, Ernest:
I'm sending this as a backup to my website response to you. I hope one or the other - or both - find you well. The other copy is being sent from my Yahoo! email account. Feel free to reply to either one.
In 1974, I started my airline pilot career flying a DC-3 between the three Cayman Islands. I remember the Islands very well, from the air in particular, as you might imagine. I left Cayman Airways in 1987 and joined a major airline in the US where I am still employed.
I hope this gets to you OK. You might want to visit and become a member of a Yahoo! Group called Cayman Connections if you are planning on doing any serious Caymanian Genealogy. I can think of no better online resource, as it is frequented by Caymanians who are interested in Caymanian genealogy.
Watler (note the spelling difference) and Thompson are indeed very common names in the Cayman Islands, and I do believe in all cases ultimately harkens back to Cayman.
Best of luck in your search for information on the Watler and Thompson families in Cayman!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cayman-connections/
David Black
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login