Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
CaribbeanGenWeb

Advanced

1770 Fraserburgh/Techmuiry

Posted by Nigel Paterson 
Are you missing a link? I'm looking for the history of tenant farmer James PATERSON's family. Married to Christian [DAVIDSON] MILNE of LONMAY (b.1730)in Feb. 1755 at Tyrie. They lived at MAINS OF TECHMUIRY. Had at least 4 children. Margaret 1756, Elizabeth 1757, John 1769 and James 1770. I have proven history of a young James the carpenter, born in Parish of FRASERBURGH, from when he left home in March/April 1796. He's my g.g.g.g.g/f. The available records for him give confusing birth dates but could be explained. Unless he wrote home (he was literate), I believe he deliberately became 'lost' to his family. I'm looking for more detail about all of the above or ANY related lines in the FRASERBURGH area. The Techmuiry PATERSON link is not 100% certain - dates and locations fit well but that's all. The OPR's are notoriously sketchy at this period! The next link via James takes him into the Royal Artillery, to HADDINGTON where he married Janet BAIRD, then his family (he died around 1835) to EDINBURGH in 1837. It's a long shot, I know, but thanks to all who reply with directly related info'.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login